#DefundLine3 - Global Day of Action
On May 7, 2021, activists around the country will organize actions & protests at the branches, offices and headquarters of the banks funding Line 3. There are two ways that you can get involved:
- Find an action near you, and RSVP to attend.
- Can’t find an action near you? Organize one! We’ve created this Organizers’ Toolkit & will host regular support calls to support you in your organizing.
Why We Must Stop Line 3
Line 3 is being built through Indigenous territory without consent. The Red Lake Nation, White Earth Nation and the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe are all suing to stop the pipeline. Prominent native activists have described the pipeline as “cultural genocide” and Indigenous activists in northern Minnesota are leading the direct actions on the ground.
If built, Line 3 would release as much greenhouse gas into the atmosphere as fifty new coal-fired power plants. It would release as much greenhouse gas as the entire rest of the state of Minnesota.
The fight to stop this pipeline is the fight to save our planet.
- #DefundLine3 - Art Kit
- #DefundLine3 - Organizers’ Toolkit
- Sign up here to host an action & get plugged into our regular Organizers’ Calls
Learn More About the Fight to Stop Line 3
- The Guardian, “It’s cultural genocide.”
- The Guardian, “Banks pledge to fight climate crisis – but their boards have deep links with fossil fuels”
- New York Times, “Not Just Another Pipeline.”
- CNN, “The Pipeline that President Biden needs to stop.”
- NBC, “A fight is brewing over a pipeline, and it’s Native groups against Big Oil.”
- InsideClimateNews, “Urging Biden to Stop Line 3, Indigenous-Led Resistance Camps Ramp Up Efforts to Slow Construction.”
- Common Dreams, “#DefundLine3 - stopping this pipeline is a matter of justice.”
- Common Dreams, “Enbridge’s greenwashing will not stand.”
- Common Dreams, “Stopping Line is a matter of intergenerational justice.”