Activist Afternoons June 16
Start: Sunday, June 16, 2019• 4:00 PM
End: Sunday, June 16, 2019• 6:00 PM
Activist Afternoons is a way for all members of our community to gather and take action on the issues and elections we care about.
We meet weekly on Sundays at 4pm, at Workbar Central Square, 45 Prospect Street in Cambridge to continue our work in civic engagement and political advocacy.
- Sister District MA-RI is calling Virginia voters for their two candidates there, Larry Barnett and Hala Ayala. Democrats need just two more seats to flip the state house this fall. Help us draw the line at Virginia!
- Voter Choice Massachusetts, the grassroots movement in support of ranked choice voting, will be making phone calls to supporters, asking them to attend a canvassing event this summer or to call their representative to support the two ranked choice voting bills currently in the state house and senate.
- Swing Left Greater Boston is hosting Swing Left National Call Night. Swing Left volunteers across the country are calling Democrats in Pasco County, Florida. for a special election on June 18th. Let's help this super-qualified mom who adopted three foster kids flip this traditionally Republican seat.
- Swing Left Greater Boston is writing postcards with Indivisible NC-09 to help elect Democrat Dan McCready. McCready lost by 905 votes in November, but there's a September 10th election redo after Republican election fraud. Participants should please be prepared to contribute to the cost of postage.
- will be writing postcards to voters. We'll be reaching out to Democratic voters in Florida and asking them to sign up to vote by mail (VBM). It's easy and convenient, but voters need to know it exists, and sign themselves up. That's where the postcards come in. We ask participants to please contribute towards the cost of postage, and CAST will provide further instructions and supplies
- https://www.cabanforqueens.com/ MA will be phonebanking for Tiffany Cabán, a public defender running for District Attorney in Queens, NY. Anyone interested in phonebanking is encouraged to read up on the candidate ahead of time if possible:
*Might phonebank? Please bring a cellphone, laptop and charger. A headset or pair of earphones is also helpful when calling voters or potential volunteers!*
Want to host your own activity at Activist Afternoons? Get in touch -- we'd love to help!
Activist Afternoons (ActA) creates a space for members of the community to gather and take action on the issues and elections we care about. Each week we provide a menu of causes and actions you can take to help move our politics forward on all levels, from your neighborhood to the White House.