Activist Afternoons October 13
Start: Sunday, October 13, 2019• 4:00 PM
End: Sunday, October 13, 2019• 6:00 PM
Activist Afternoons is a way for all members of our community to gather and take action on the issues and elections we care about.
We meet weekly on Sundays at 4pm, at Workbar Central Square, 45 Prospect Street in Cambridge to continue our work in civic engagement and political advocacy.
- Swing Left Greater Boston will be writing letters to likely Democratic voters in key state legislative districts in Virginia.
- Sister District MA-RI is calling Virginia voters for three candidates -- Larry Barnett, Hala Ayala, and John Bell -- to help Democrats flip the state's legislature blue this November.
- Environmental Voter Project is calling and texting registered but inactive voters in key states including Virginia and Maine. Every one of these voters that votes in 2019 in a local or statewide election is then an active voter in 2020!
- Our Revolution Cambridge will be hosting a planning meeting for local Bernie organizers to connect and coordinate.
- Justice Democrats will be texting for Medicare for All
- Driving Families Forward Coalition will be phone-banking to help all Massachusetts residents, regardless of immigration status, access the basic right of a driver's license
Not Yet Confirmed:
*Might phonebank? Please bring a cellphone, laptop and charger. A headset or pair of earphones is also helpful when calling voters or potential volunteers!*
Want to host your own activity at Activist Afternoons? Get in touch -- we'd love to help!
Activist Afternoons (ActA) creates a space for members of the community to gather and take action on the issues and elections we care about. Each week we provide a menu of causes and actions you can take to help move our politics forward on all levels, from your neighborhood to the White House.