Poll Monitor Training (on demand)
Start: Thursday, March 12, 2020•10:00 PM • Eastern Time (US & Canada) (GMT-05:00)
End: Sunday, March 15, 2020•11:45 PM • Eastern Time (US & Canada) (GMT-05:00)
On Election Day Tuesday, March 17 non-partisan volunteers are needed to assist voters and ensure free and fair elections in Cleveland. We are looking for poll monitors to be stationed outside of polling places to answer voter questions, distribute fliers with voter education, and report problems to the Election Protection Hotline.
This effort is led by a coalition of nonpartisan, nonprofit groups, including All Voting is Local, Common Cause Ohio, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights under Law, League of Women Voters of Ohio, NAACP Cleveland Branch, Ohio Voice and the Ohio Voter Rights Coalition.
- Participate in this 1 hour online training (this training is now available for viewing).
- Complete a minimum 4 hour shift assignment on Election Day.
Election Day Duties:
- Distribute “Know Your Rights” cards to voters
- Answer basic questions from voters such as ID requirements
- Assist voters in finding their correct precinct, and
- Report back to regional command center any problems that need to be resolved such as a polling location not opening on time or pattern of poll worker error.
Training will cover: how to answer common voter questions, how to assist voters through the voting process, and how to communicate problems to the Election Protection Hotline.
**Note: this is an online training. This webinar can be viewed at your convenience until March 15. Volunteers who do not view this recording or attend an in-person training will not be able to participate as poll monitors in the March primary.