Ending Ageism Together
Start: Thursday, May 07, 2020•11:00 AM • Mountain Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
End: Thursday, May 07, 2020•12:00 PM • Mountain Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
This is a virtual event
But all of us have opportunities to address ageism, defined by the World Health Organization as "prejudice, stereotypes and discrimination based on age."
In this interactive, online workshop, you'll learn:
- What ageism is, and the harmful effects it has not only on older adults, but on all of us
- What the general public believes about older people and about aging in America
- Why telling a new story about aging and ageism is so important, especially now
- The benefits to all of us as we age of having positive views of aging
- How words and phrases that we may commonly use (e.g., "having a senior moment") can have negative consequences that we don't intend because they reinforce ageist attitudes and prejudicial stereotypes about older people
- Language that we can use
Register by filling out the form to the right. We'll send you log in information 24 hours before the workshop.