Medicare and Medicaid at 54: An Anniversary Forum and Celebration
Start: Friday, August 02, 2019• 9:30 AM
End: Friday, August 02, 2019•12:30 PM
Medicare and Medicaid are among the most popular and successful public programs in the U.S. Together, they guarantee health care to over 100 million people nationally, including over 10 million New Yorkers. They also help keep families out of poverty, support our health care safety net, educate health care providers, and protect our public health.
- 9:30 – Coffee and conversation
- 10:00 – Welcome and Introductions
- 10:15 – What Medicare and Medicaid Mean to New York and Everyday New Yorkers
- 10:30 -- What’s Going on in Washington about the Future of Medicare and Medicaid
- 11:15 – What’s Going on Locally to Protect, Improve, and Expand Medicare and Medicaid
- 12 noon – Cake, ice cream, and refreshments!
RSVPs please! (...so that we can have enough food.)
Hosted by Metro New York Health Care for All
Co-sponsors [list in formation]: Bleeding Disorders Advocacy Network; Campaign for New York Health; Center for Independence of the Disabled-NY; Center for Popular Democracy; Children's Defense Fund of NY; District Council 1707 AFSCME; Gay Men's Health Crisis; Granny Peace Brigade; Gray Panthers NYC; Health Care for America Now-NYC; Healthcare Education Project; Health Equity Action League of NY; Medicare Rights Center; NY Statewide Senior Action; NYS Alliance for Retired Americans; NYS Nurses Association; Peace Action of Staten Island; Physicians for a National Health Program, NY Metro; Planned Parenthood of NYC; UFT Retirees
(Contact us for your group to co-sponsor.)