Fight For Our Lives -- Biden's Corporate Cabinet Tour
Start: Friday, December 11, 2020•11:30 AM
End: Friday, December 11, 2020• 2:00 PM
We're organizing an action at the offices of Biden's major Cabinet appointments in downtown DC to defend & advance our real solutions that have broad popular support.
What: Protest Biden's neoliberal Cabinet appointments as part of the first wave of DSA's national Green New Deal mobilization.
Where: Meet up at Dupont Circle and march across the K St swamp. Conclude at Biden's transition team office at the Department of Commerce.
When: 11:30am on Fri December 11th -- start marching at 12pm, finish around 2pm.
- Janet Yellen, Treasury Secretary -- Yellen serves as a board member of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, which pushes austerity policies that are at the heart of the opposition to a Green New Deal.
- Anita Dunn, Biden's senior advisor and transition team co-chair -- Dunn works for SKDKnickerbocker, a corporate lobbying firm representing fossil fuels and fracked gas.
- Tony Blinken, Secretary of State -- Blinken is a co-founder of WestExec Advisors, a defense consulting firm that profiteers off the military-industrial complex.
- Gen. Lloyd Austin, Secretary of Defense -- Austin serves on the board of numerous private weapons manufacturing corporations and his appointment directly violates the norm of civilian rule over the military.
- Neera Tanden, head of the Office of Management and Budget -- as the director of the Center for American Progress, Tanden has pushed for imperialist military intervention to steal resources in order to "pay for" the national debt and has been a prominent union buster.
- Brian Deese, Chair of the National Economic Council, and Wally Adeyemo, Deputy Treasury Secretary -- Deese and Adeyemo have gone through the revolving door to BlackRock, the world's #1 financier of fossil fuels.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/663993364270222
— Immediate COVID-19 Crisis Relief (including $2,000 per month for all)
— A Green Stimulus (including investments in renewable Public Power)
— A Green Job Guarantee
— The PRO Act
— The Healthcare Emergency Guarantee Act