How Courts Work and Their Importance In Our Daily Lives
Start: Thursday, October 10, 2019• 7:00 PM
End: Thursday, October 10, 2019• 8:30 PM
Location:Bexley Public Library•2411 E. Main St., Bexley, OH 43209
Host Contact Info: email@example.com or (614)259-8388
Judging for Yourself: The Impact of Judges and Courts in Ohio
The courts impact nearly every aspect of our daily lives, and yet, many people have little understanding of how the courts work, how judges are selected or why it is important to take action to ensure fair and impartial courts.
TRUE OR FALSE – Ohio judges are permitted to hear the cases of their major campaign contributors?
Would you like to know the answer to this and how it can impact our judicial system in Ohio.
Come to this presentation and learn about:
1. The structure of the Ohio court system, including state and federal courts;
2. How courts impact you individually and as a community;
3. Pros and cons of how judges are selected;
4. Why fair and impartial courts are important;
5. Challenges and opportunities facing Ohio’s judicial system; and
6. What the public can do to improve our courts
Feel free to bring a friend! We can't wait to see you there!