It's About Our Kids - Community Forum
Start: Saturday, February 29, 2020• 8:30 AM
End: Saturday, February 29, 2020• 3:00 PM
Educators, students and families know what Providence schools need. Join us LEARN, SHARE, and TAKE ACTION for the schools Providence deserves.
- LEARN innovative strategies for school transformation.
- SHARE your thoughts and ideas on how we can work together to fight for our schools.
- TAKE ACTION to demand what Providence schools deserve.
- 8:30 - Breakfast and Welcoming
- 9:00 - The Schools Providence Children Deserve
Maribeth Calabro, Providence Teachers Union
S. Kwesi Rollins, Institute for Educational Leadership
- 9:45 - Bargaining with the Community for the Common Good
Randi Weingarten, AFT President
- Q&A Session
- 10:30 - Feedback Session - Imagining the Future
- 11:00 - Investing in Our Schools, Students, and Communities
Ron Beaupre, Pawtucket Teachers Alliance
Tina Collins, United Federation of Teachers
Jessica Tang, Boston Teachers Union
- LUNCH PROVIDED
- 12:30 - Supporting English Language Learners in and out of the Classroom
Kristina Robertson, Administrator of English Learner Services, Roseville Area Schools (MN)
- 1:15 - Feedback Forum: Setting Priorities, Taking Action
- 2:45 - Next Steps