January 12th - Enjoy an early afternoon of Sunday canvassing for Shahid Buttar, North of the Panhandle!
Start: Sunday, January 12, 2020•11:00 AM
End: Sunday, January 12, 2020• 2:00 PM
Enjoy a early afternoon of Sunday door-knocking for Shahid, North of the Panhandle, starting at the southwest corner of Baker & Fell, near the William McKinley Monument.
Join us at 11:00 AM for a door-knock shift and share some hot cocoa with our team while talking to voters about Shahid. No need to wear your Shahid T-shirt, we're just getting to know voters face to face as regular people!
What's involved in a door-knock, might you ask? Door-knocking is canvassing, and canvassing stems from a simple idea; you can change minds through conversations. Canvassers use this method to engage voters in a conversation and get them to a mutual understanding by providing alternative perspectives. It is a two-way conversation between canvassers and voters where voters are asked to share their personal experiences around a candidate being discussed.
- Share your experience and get the conversation started
- Listen to voters, get them thinking and sharing
- Highlight common humanity
- Ask for the voter’s opinion on a candidate and explore it
- Ask for the voter’s personal story or experience pertaining to the issues said candidate is addressing
- Connect a personal story to the voter’s initial opinion
- Engage with their initial concerns and opinions and give them time to ponder
- Get back to the original candidate and seek their opinion
If this is your first time canvassing, have no fear! We'll provide you with a very clear script and train you in all the effective techniques!