Local 5004 Education Day
Start: Wednesday, April 19, 2017• 4:30 PM
End: Wednesday, April 19, 2017• 9:30 PM
Legal Hot Topics for Nurses
4:30 pm – 9:30 pm
• Nurse Practice Issues
• Legal Implications of practicing without adequate training/education
• Legal Issues regarding Electronic Health Records
Kathleen M. Gialanella, BSN, JD, LLM
1. Explore legal pitfalls that can arise when nurses use an electronic health record.
2. Discuss recent changes in the law that impact how nurses delegate nursing tasks to others.
3. Examine how legal reporting requirements put good nurses at risk of ever finding future work if their employer takes any action against them.
4. Review what nurses need to keep in mind to protect their professional licenses and what the current Board of Nursing disciplinary trends are.
Registration starts - 4:30 pm
Dinner: 4:30 pm
Health Professionals and Allied Employees is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission On Accreditation. Provider Number P94-10/14-17