March 24: Resist the Attacks on Working People
Start: Friday, March 24, 2017•10:00 AM
The legislature's budget-writing committee has raised dozens of anti-worker bills for public hearing. The right response to these proposals is to resist all legislation attacking working people, whether they are union members or not.
The hearing will run late into the evening and there are multiple actions to take part in, so come when you can:
- 10:30 - 11:00AM: public hearing testimony in Room 2-C, meet legislators;
- 11:00AM: legislators’ press conference (Room 310 of the State Capitol Building);
- 12:00PM: D.U.E. Justice Coalition press conference;
- 12:00 - 4:30PM: public hearing testimony in Room 2-C, meet legislators;
- 5:00PM: public service employees rally (outside, at Minuteman Park); &
- 5:30PM - Late Evening: public hearing testimony in Room 2-C, meet legislators.
Wear your AFT tee-shirt to show we're "all in" to fight forward to protect and preserve Connecticut's quality of life for all our communities. On arrival, check in with our legislative advocates in Room 1-A.