Maryland Poor People's Campaign Legislative Demands News Conference
Start: Monday, February 04, 2019•11:00 AM
Join the Maryland Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival on February 4th at 11:00AM for our news conference and demand delivery. Maryland will join with states around the country and Washington DC to put our legislatures on notice. We won’t be silent as regressive policies continue to directly impact poor and disenfranchised people in Maryland.
- 44 percent of people in Maryland being poor or low-income — a total of 2.6 million residents
- Income for the top 1% growing by 160 percent, while the income for the bottom 99% increased by 26 percent between 1979 and 2012
- 372,100 people being uninsured
- 10 percent of census tracts showing people at-risk for being unable to afford water
- 16,264 tons of NOx being emitted annually in Maryland, which is leading to respiratory issues
Date: February 4th
Location: Whitmore Park 92 W. Washington St. Annapolis, MD 21401
We stand united with folks across the country as they too deliver the Moral Agenda to legislative leaders at their state capitals when their legislators return to session. Together we are bringing attention to the impact of policies which promote systemic racism, poverty and inequality, the war economy and militarism, environmental devastation, and the corrupt moral narrative.
Join us February 4th!For more information, contact Maryland campaign email: Maryland@poorpeoplescampaign.org