MFPE SOUTH CENTRAL/EAST REGIONAL TRAINING
Start: February 23, 2019• 7:15 AM
End: February 23, 2019• 4:45 PM
Location:Northern Hotel •19 North Broadway, Billings, MT 59101
Host Contact Info: Shauna Reichelt at firstname.lastname@example.org, (406) 248-2946, or 800-398-0829
Saturday, February 23, 2019
7:15 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
8:00 a.m. GENERAL SESSION I
9:00 a.m. Morning Breakout Sessions:
1) Bargaining Basics and Budget Analysis
2) Unions 101: A Guide for Understanding Unions, Why We Exist, and What We Do
3) MFPE Treasurer Training
4) Member Rights and the Grievance Process
12:00 p.m. General Session II and Lunch
1:15 p.m. Afternoon Breakout Sessions:
1) Local Leaders: Rules of the Road
2) Advanced Bargaining
3) Work Shouldn’t Hurt: Safety Issues in the School Setting - special training by AFT
4) Growing Your Local Union: The Organizing Ask
4:15 p.m. General Session III- Conclusion
4:45 p.m. Depart
Billings Regional Training is intended for members in Billings/Bozeman and surrounding areas, as well as Eastern Montana. If you would like to attend the training from outside of these areas please request permission prior to registering from MFPE Exec. Director Erik Burke at email@example.com.
Future Regional Trainings
Kalispell - May 10 - 11, 2019 Great Falls - Fall 2019
If you are traveling more than 50 miles to Billings, MFPE will pay for your room on Friday night of the conference (February 22), provided you are sharing with another participant.
If you desire a single room or bring a guest, you must pay the difference (to be paid at training registration). All guest rooms are smoke free.
Deadline to secure or cancel a room is February 8. If you register & do not show up or do not provide cancellation notice by February 8, you will be responsible for room charges.
MILEAGE & MEAL REIMBURSEMENT
• MFPE will reimburse mileage expenses at $0.30 cents per mile per car with one occupant. If another MFPE member is traveling with you, reimbursement will be $0.50 cents per mile. Mileage will be based on the Montana highway map mileage chart.
• MFPE will provide Saturday breakfast and lunch. MFPE will reimburse dinner Friday night for members traveling more than 50 miles to Billings, upon submission of itemized receipt.
DRESS CODE: Casual
For a physical registration form, click HERE.