Organizing for Justice: Essential Skills
Start: Monday, November 14, 2022•10:30 AM • Central Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-05:00)
End: Thursday, November 17, 2022• 3:15 PM • Central Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-05:00)
This is a virtual event
Host Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet this moment with us: sharpen your organizing skills with us in an intimate, interactive online training. (This is NOT a webinar!)
Agenda at a glance:
Over the course of four days, you will:
- Develop strategic campaigns based on deep power analysis
- Learn to inject a racial justice & root cause analysis into your organizing
- Understand how to be more effective in your outreach and recruitment
- Reflect on your practice
- 4 day training: November 14-17, 2022
- Daily start time: 11:30 am Eastern Time
- Daily end time: 4:15 pm ET on Day 1; Days 2 - 4 all end by 4 pm.
- Breaks: 45 minute break for lunch, plus other breaks throughout. Feel free to snack and do your thing - we are all in this together!
- We do ask that you let us know if you have any major conflicts during the overall training hours - much of the training is interactive and requires some preplanning on our part.
- Optional Happy/Coffee Hours: November 14, 4 pm Eastern Time & November 17, 10:30 am Eastern Time -- we are offering extra chances to connect with your fellow organizers and trainers and do deeper dives into some topics. We urge you to consider joining one of these hours for an informal conversation. These are part of the calendar holds you will receive, but please note that they truly are optional.
We are offering a sliding scale for these online trainings because we want them to be accessible to everyone. The fee is for a single participant. (Each participant must register separately.)
During registration, you will be asked to select your organizational budget. The amount you will be charged is displayed there as well.
After registration, you will receive TWO emails - one automatically from Action Network; one from Midwest Academy with your invoice and a payment link (that one might take a few business days).
- We will cap each training at 25 people. Expect to participate in discussions in the full group as well as in breakout rooms.
Because of this, we ask organizations to limit the number of participants in a single training to 3. Each participant must register separately.
- You'll note 3 optional demographics questions at the end of the registration; if you are registering someone else, do NOT complete these questions.
(Why are we asking this? As a nonprofit, we, like many of you, receive grant funding; these funding sources often ask basic demographics questions. We will only share aggregate, anonymous responses with funders, and will NEVER include identifying information.)
- We will use Zoom Meetings for all trainings, as well as some Google suite apps.
- Shortly before the training, you will receive an email with some more details - including the Zoom link, final agenda, and a brief participant list (first name, org, role, and state for those who consented).
If you have ANY questions or concerns, or to be added to our waitlist, please reach out to us: email@example.com