Organizing for Justice: Essential Skills
Start: Monday, June 22, 2020•10:30 AM • Central Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-05:00)
End: Thursday, June 25, 2020• 3:00 PM • Central Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-05:00)
Host Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
New for June: we've adjusted our agenda to spread over 4 days.
Meet this moment with us: sharpen your organizing skills with us in an intimate, interactive online training.
Over the course of four days, you will:
- Connect with other organizers about how COVID-19 has impacted our work
- Develop strategic campaigns based on deep power analysis
- Understand how to be more effective in your outreach and recruiting (even during this crisis)
- Reflect on your practice
- 4 day training: June 22, 23, 24, & 25
- Daily timing: 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM Central Time -- including 1 hour break for lunch, plus other breaks throughout. Feel free to snack and do your thing - we are all in this together!
- Optional Coffee Hour: June 23 & 25, 9:30 Central Time -- based on feedback from our first round of online trainings, we are offering extra chances to connect with your fellow organizers and trainers and do deeper dives into some topics. We urge you to consider joining one of our coffee hours for an informal conversation.
We are offering a sliding scale for these online trainings because we want them to be accessible to everyone.
During registration, you will be asked to select your organizational budget. The amount you will be charged is displayed there as well.
After registration, you will receive TWO emails - one automatically from Action Network; one from Midwest Academy with your invoice and a payment link (that one might take a few business days).
- We will cap each training at 24 people. Expect to participate in discussions in the full group as well as in breakout rooms.
- We will use Zoom Meetings for all trainings. You can join by browser, but the App is recommended (we like to annotate and use reactions).
- Shortly before the training, you will receive an email with some more details, including the Zoom meeting link and password. This will be password-protected.
If you have ANY questions or concerns, please reach out to us: email@example.com