Palm Sunday Hobart
Start: Sunday, April 09, 2017• 1:00 PM
FACEBOOK EVENT: https://www.facebook.com/events/1736439050018358/
We have alternatives that treat these resilient people with respect, and protect and help people who are simply seeking somewhere safe to live. We can do better.
We call for:
- a regional approach to responsibility-sharing, work with our neighbours
- re-institute community detention: close Australia’s offshore immigration detention and processing centres
- increase Australia’s annual humanitarian intake to a minimum of 30,000 places per year
- end Australia’s policy of boat pushbacks for good
- the Australian Government to contribute to regional search and rescue operations
- allow people on bridging visas to work
- Tasmanian Asylum Seeker Support
- Tassie Nannas
- Doctors for Refugees
- Tasmanian Greens
To add your name to the list of endorsements, email: email@example.comJoin us as we march on Palm Sunday in solidarity with people seeking asylum and refugees affected by Australian government policy.