PASS Training- Winter 2021
Start: Monday, February 01, 2021• 8:30 AM • Mountain Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
PASS Training Dates:
Reading: February 1 - March 12, 2021
Math: March 15 - April 16, 2021
MFPE PASS course has been developed by and for Montana paraprofessionals and provides participants with important skills in classroom management as well as proven strategies in reading, writing, and math instruction, taught in a dynamic and fun setting. A nationally developed assessment is built directly into the course, assuring that paraprofessionals who take the course can demonstrate evidence of content mastery to their local districts and the state of Montana.
Course materials were developed by MFPE. A team of highly trained paraprofessional educators from throughout the state are responsible for teaching the course.
MFPE PASS is intended to be a fast-moving, highly interactive learning process for all participants. It involves a series of hands-on activities as well as informative lectures, discussions, and practice sessions that continually involve the learner as an active participant. Listed below are just a few of the topics included in the training:
- effective group management
- questioning strategies
- comprehension strategies
- word problems
- narrative and expository texts
Who Should Attend?
- Any paraprofessional who wants to gain new skills and capacity for helping students.
- Any paraprofessional who still needs to be deemed “highly qualified” in accordance with Title I requirements. (Check with your local school district or union rep if you are unsure if you are affected by these requirements and to assure that PASS is recognized by your district).
- Access to a computer in the evening
- Sufficient internet speed to handle online live streaming
- Active email account
- Course includes an introduction to online learning
- Participants will be trained on how to use the online platform Moodle.
Registration Deadline: January 25, 2021
PASS is a self-paced online training facilitated by a PASS Trainer.
Pre-Registration is required.
$100 for MFPE members and $150 for non-members.
Pay by check to:
MFPE, 1232 E. 6th Ave., Helena, MT 59601
Ask us how to become a MFPE member!