People's Climate March: Knox County
Start: April 29, 2017•12:00 PM
End: April 29, 2017• 2:00 PM
Location:County Courthouse•200 S Cherry St, Galesburg, IL 61401
Host Contact Info: email@example.com
from across the United States will be marching in solidarity with the
national People's Climate March on DC. Our sister march supports efforts
to protect the EPA, to develop a green economy, and to defend the
rights of all who live in our community.
At noon, we will rally on the steps of the county courthouse. Speakers will include scientists, community organizers, agricultural and industry leaders, and young people who will grow up in the world we're creating. Bring signs, your families, and your voice.
And then ... we march! From the courthouse to Main St. to Seminary, from Seminary to Ferris to Broad, and finally to Standish Park, where we will celebrate with refreshments and good cheer.
Along with the Peoples Climate Movement we march to:
- Advance solutions to the climate crisis rooted in racial, social and economic justice, and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.
- Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.
- Immediately stop attacks on immigrants, communities of color, indigenous and tribal people and lands and workers.
- Ensure public funds and investments create good paying jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.
- Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all, not an economy that feeds the machinery of war.
- Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech.