March for Jobs, Justice and the Climate | Vancouver, Canada
Start: April 29, 2017• 1:00 PM
People's Climate Movement
March for Jobs, Justice and the Climate
Why We're Marching
On April 29th we will be in the streets across Canada, in solidarity with the march in Washington, DC (https://peoplesclimate.org/), to show the world and our leaders that we will resist fossil fuel projects and policies that attack our people, our communities and our planet.
We will come together from across Canada to strengthen our movement and prepare for the struggles ahead. We will demonstrate our power and resistance in cities and towns across the country. We will bring our solutions to the climate crisis and the problems that affect our communities to our political leaders to demand Real Change, not broken promises and empty rhetoric.
We invite you to join the Peoples Climate Movement on Saturday, April 29th as we march to:
· Advance solutions to the climate crisis that are rooted in racial, social and economic justice and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.
· Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.
· Demand recognition of Indigenous Sovereignty, respect for existing Treaties and the right of First Nations to Free, Prior and Informed Consent for all projects on their traditional and unceded territories.
· Immediately take steps to support immigrants, refugees and communities of color and LGBTQ2I communities impacted by the attacks on them south of the border and by the dislocation caused by global climate change
· Ensure public funds and investments create good paying green jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.
· Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all.
· Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech
March with us on April 29th as we come together to resist and march for our families, our communities and our planet.
Contact Program and Outreach coordinator : Eric Lescarbeau -
For general inquiries: email@example.com
For organizations interested in supporting the March: firstname.lastname@example.org