Plastic Free Forum 2021
Start: Saturday, September 25, 2021• 1:00 PM • Eastern Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-04:00)
This is a virtual event
On September 25, we will be hosting a panel discussion about single-use plastic consumption, its contributions to climate change, and solutions to the plastic problem. Our panelists will tackle the issue from different perspectives: consumer, activist, business, and legislative, and we’ll allow ample opportunity for Q&A.
- Jackie Nuñez, founder, The Last Plastic Straw
- Christopher Chin, executive director, Center for Oceanic Awareness Research & Education
- Dr. Randi Pokladnik, Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition
- Tamela Trussell, founder, Move Past Plastic
- Mala Persaud, owner, Trace--The Zero Waste Store
The panel will be moderated by Molly Bakal, chair of the Climate Reality Project Northern Virginia Chapter.
RSVP required to receive Zoom link.
Plastic Free Community Partners: 350 Fairfax, Audubon Society of Northern Virginia, Climate Reality Project Northern Virginia Chapter, Food & Water Watch, Friends of Holmes Run, Green Muslims, Herndon-Reston Indivisible Science & Environment Group, Loudoun Climate Project, Our Revolution Falls Church, Sierra Club Great Falls Group, Trace—The Zero Waste Store