Reclaiming our Democracy: Rally to End Gerrymandering!
Start: Monday, April 16, 2018• 2:30 PM
Join Fair Districts PA in Harrisburg on April 16 to demand party leaders allow a vote on bipartisan reform legislation that more than half of House members have already co-sponsored.
While the lawsuits and actions of the PA Supreme Court affirmed that “gerrymandering for unfair partisan political advantage” violates our PA constitutional right of “free and equal elections,” we are not out of the woods. Our fight is not over.
We still need a few more key volunteers - Bus Greeters in particular. Rally Marshall’s for the Capitol Steps - help set up some fun items, answer questions, and handout promotional material. If you are up for starting chants that’s a bonus but not required.
We’ll have buses coming from every corner of the state and are inviting all our endorsing organizations to join us. We're subsidizing the cost so all tickets, from every part of the state, will be just $20. Please consider making a donation to help cover the actual cost. Purchase tickets here.
Meadville - Clarion - Dubois - Harrisburg
7:00 am departs: Perkins Restaurant, 18276 Conneaut Lake Rd, Meadville, PA 16335
Time TBD: Clarion Mall, 22631 PA-68, Clarion, PA 16214; use the lot on the side of JC Penney
8:45 am departs: Pilot Travel Center, 1742 Rich Hwy, DuBois, PA 15801; Park in lot on the side of building, not spots reserved for customers
Pittsburgh - Bedford - Harrisburg
8:00 am departs: Target Store, Harmar 2661 Freeport Rd., Pittsburgh, Pa. 15238-1441; Please park cars in parking lot area nearest Freeport Rd.
- 10:00 am departs: Denny's Restaurant, 4276 Business Route 220, Bedford, PA 15522; Park in gravel lot next door NOTE: Drivers must leave license plate # with Denny's
Pittsburgh/Washington - New Stanton - Harrisburg (2nd bus added April 10)
- 8:45 am departs: Wal-Mart, — riders are to park in corner of lot furthest from building, closest to Trinity Drive.
- 9:45 a.m. departs: Eat'n'Park, - riders are to park at the end of the parking lot as far from the building as possible and leave license plate # with Eat'n'Park greeter
Williamsport - Shamokin Dam - Harrisburg
8:30 am depart: Fullington bus terminal, 11 W Church St, Williamsport, PA 17701. Parking available at terminal for $5/day
9:30 am depart: Old Kmart parking lot; 3819 N Susquehanna Trail, Shamokin Dam, PA 17876
Scranton - Wilkes-Barre - Harrisburg
9:00 am departs: Viewmont Mall, 100 Viewmont Mall, Scranton, PA 18508
9:30 am departs: Lowes at 501 Arena Hub Plaza, Wilkes-Barre Township, PA 18702. Park farthest away from the storefront parking spaces (across from Barnes and Noble).
Easton - Allentown - Hamburg - Harrisburg
9:00 am departs: Lowe's; 721 S 25th St, Easton, PA 18045
9:30 am departs: Denny's Restaurant; 1871 Catasauqua Rd, Allentown, PA 18109
10:00 am departs: 100 Cabela Drive, Hamburg, PA 19526-- turn right upon entering lot, park in furthest corner from building
9:15 am departs: Walmart SuperCenter #2230 - 373 Benner Pike - State College, PA 16801
Reading - Harrisburg - NEW PICK UP LOCATION!!
9:30 am departs: Willoughby's On Park, 305 N. Park Road, Wyomissing, PA 19610
West Chester - Harrisburg - NEW PICK UP LOCATION!!
9:00 am departs: 780 Miles Road, West Chester, PA
Dolyestown - Harrisburg
9:00 am departs: Fanny Chapman Pool, 10 McKinstry Dr, Doylestown, PA 18901
King of Prussia - Harrisburg
9:00 am departs: 300 Goddard Blvd., King of Prussia--- Parking lot between IFLY, 290 Goddard Blvd, and IMAX
Philadelphia - Harrisburg (2nd bus added April 10)
9:00 am departs: 30th Street Train Station, 3125 John F Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Program Overview (Tentative):
Capitol tour (every half hour on the half hour) OR plan to visit your legislator - schedule beforehand
In Pennsylvania State Museum:
- 11:00 Meet Your Fair Districts PA Leadership Team
- 11:30 Preview Draw the Lines: Pennsylvania’s first statewide redistricting competition
- 12:00 Meet Our Prime Sponsors
- Lunch in the Capitol cafeteria, in nearby restaurants, or bring your own.
In Capitol Building:
- 1:00 Attend House or Senate in session for those interested
- 2:30 Rally starts in rotunda
- 2:45 Rally starts on capitol steps
- 3:00 Rotunda rally exits to merge with capitol step rally
- 3:30 Rally ends
- 4:00 Bus pick-up begins
Host Contact Info
Jo Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org