Reframing Aging Workshop Online Workshop May 27 (May 19 filled up!)
Start: 2020-05-27 12:00:00 UTC Mountain Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
End: 2020-05-27 13:15:00 UTC Mountain Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-06:00)
This is a virtual event
Hi, all, our May 19 workshop registration filled up in less than a day, so we're offering it again.
Cutting-edge research by the FrameWorks Institute shows that this does not have to be the case. We can use tested stories and messages to reduce ageism and to shift public opinion in a more positive direction.
- Why changing the way we talk about aging and ageism is so important
- What ageism is, and the harmful effects it has not only on all of us as we age, but also on our communities and the economy
- The benefits to all of us of having positive views of aging and using age-positive language as we get older
- How the general public thinks about older people and about aging in America
- How common words and phrases can have negative consequences that we don't intend because they reinforce ageist attitudes and stereotypes about older people
- Evidence-based messaging and communications strategies based on three years of research by FrameWorks Institute that have been proven to increase support for age-friendly policies and to decrease bias against older people
- Specific suggestions for addressing language about older people, ageism and COVID-19
You'll leave with some concrete tips for using the new messages and sharing them with those around you.
Spots are limited, so please sign up quickly using the form to the right. We'll send you Zoom log in information 24 hours before the workshop.