Santa Barbara County Planning Commission - 3/25 Hearing on Cannabis Zoning Ordinance
Start: Wednesday, March 25, 2020•10:00 AM
Location:Engineering Building, Room 17•123 Anapamu St., Santa Barbara, CA 93101
The next cannabis ordinance will meeting will be on March 25th. On March 4th, planning commissioners agreed to bifurcate the ordinance process to propose changes to odor abatement to the County Board at the next possible date as well as asking for funding to move forward.
There will be continued discussions on CUPs, the overlay concept and other proposals.
Santa Barbara County is prepared to ensure continuity of government during this pandemic. We employ social distancing, hold online meetings and encourage the public to interact with us online, mail and phone. Based on guidance from the California Department of Public Health and the California Governor's Office, in order to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, please do the following:
1. You are strongly encouraged to observe the live stream of the Planning Commission meetings or on YouTube.
2. If you choose not to attend the Planning Commission meeting but wish to make a written comment on a specific agenda item, please submit your comment via email by 12:00 p.m. on Monday March 23rd. Please submit your comment to the Planning Commission Recording Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comment will be placed into the record at the Planning Commission meeting.
3. If you choose not to attend the Planning Commission meeting but wish to make verbal comments on a specific agenda item, please submit your telephone number via email by 9:00 a.m. on March 25th. During the public comment portion of every item, staff will call you using the contact information provided, and you will be able to make your verbal comments via telephone (speaker phone). Please submit your contact information to the Planning Commission Recording Secretary at email@example.com.
4. If you are watching the live stream of the Planning Commission meeting and wish to make a general public comment or comment on a specific agenda item as it is being heard, please submit your comment, limited to 250 words or less, to the Planning Commission Recording Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Every effort will be made to read your comment into the record, but some comments may not be read due to time limitations. Comments received after an agenda item will be made part of the record if received prior to the end of the meeting.
5. If you attend the Planning Commission meeting in person, and wish to make public comment yourself instead of through one of the above alternatives, you will be required to maintain appropriate social distancing, i.e., a 6-foot distance between yourself and other individuals. In order to abide by the 6-foot distancing requirement, please plan accordingly as there are a limited number of seats in both the Santa Barbara and Santa Maria hearing rooms.