Seattle Defends Abortion Rights! National Rallies called by The Women’s March
Start: Saturday, October 08, 2022• 1:00 PM
The Republican Party and the Right are waging an all-out assault on the rights of women and LGBTQ people. The ultra-conservative majority on the Supreme Court opened the floodgates for Republican-dominated states to attack abortion rights. And they aren’t stopping there. Republicans are going after transgender rights, voting rights, workers’ rights, and more. 195 Republicans in the House already voted against making access to contraception a federal law! We need to fight back!
To win bodily autonomy, abortion rights, and LGBTQ liberation, we need to build an independent multi-gendered, multi-racial, grassroots movement of everyday people and young people. That’s why it is so important that every organization and individual actively participates in this National Weekend of Action called by The Women’s March. We need a strong mass movement to beat back the Republicans and pressure Democrats to implement:
- The Women’s Health Protection Act (which would legalize abortion nationwide, overriding state bans)
- The end of the Senate filibuster
- Expansion of the Supreme Court with pro-choice judges
- Medicare for All, including 3 elements:
- Free, legal, safe abortions
- Free contraception, birth control, & reproductive services
- Free gender-affirming healthcare
- Affordable universal childcare & paid family leave
- Living wages & affordable housing for all
Mark your calendar now!
And spread the word! Invite friends and organizations to join us!
Endorsed by The Women’s March, Seattle Green Wave, Puget Sound Mobilization for Reproductive Justice, Labor for Black Lives, Radical Women - Seattle Branch, Socialist Alternative, Freedom Socialist Party.
To endorse, collaborate, get flyers to use in your community, or volunteer: (206) 930-2010, info@SeattleDSA.org