Pre-retirement Seminar for NEU members
Start: Thursday, September 26, 2019• 4:15 PM
How to secure the income you need when you retire
Lighthouse Financial Advice is organising a seminar specifically to help NEU members make good decisions when deciding how and when to secure the income they need to live comfortably for the rest of their lives.
The session will last for approximately 1 hour, refreshmenst will be availble.
Booking is essential to help with catering.
You should attend this seminar if you would like to understand:
• how your pensions, including the state, the Teachers’ Pension and the local government schemes work, when you can take them and how much you can expect to receive
• your options for accessing any additional pension savings, including from previous employers
• ways you may be able to increase your income
• tax considerations, including your tax-free lump sum
• countering inflation: will your income keep its value in real terms?
• planning for later life, including paying for long-term care and passing on more to your loved ones.
The seminar will be presented by one of our fully-trained financial advisers. They have the knowledge and expertise – including a detailed understanding of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme – required to help you, however much or little pension provision you have managed to accumulate.
This seminar is open to all NEU members regardless of your membership type (Support Staff, Teacher, Leadership)
The value of your investments can go down as well as up, so you could get back less than you invested. A pension is a long-term investment. The fund value may fluctuate and can go down. Your eventual income may depend upon the size of the fund at retirement, future interest rates and tax legislation. Tax advice which contains no investment element is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Lighthouse Financial Advice Limited is an appointed representative of Lighthouse Advisory Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Lighthouse Financial Advice Limited and Lighthouse Advisory Services Limited are wholly owned subsidiaries of Lighthouse Group plc. Registered in England No. 04795080. Registered Office: 26 Throgmorton Street, London, EC2N 2AN.