Supervising Organizers: Essential Skills
Start: Monday, July 10, 2023•10:00 AM
End: Wednesday, July 12, 2023• 3:00 PM
Location:TBD•TBD, Chicago, IL TBD US
Host Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Evaluate and sharpen your supervisory skills to develop effective strategic and relational organizers.
Agenda at a glance:
Over the course of three days, you will:
- Learn to align your vision for justice with your role as supervisor
- Build effective teams
- Help organizers think strategically
- Provide effective support and feedback
- Have a “difficult” conversation
Click here for a PDF of a sample agenda (opens in new tab)
Check-in begins at 9:15 am on Monday morning.
We will start promptly each day at 10am, and conclude at 5pm Monday and Tuesday. We will end at 3pm on Wednesday afternoon.
- We will have coffee/tea available all four days; meals are on your own. The location will be steps away from a wide variety of affordable restaurants.
We are offering a sliding scale for these trainings because we want them to be accessible to everyone.
During registration, you will be asked to select your organizational budget. The amount you will be charged is displayed there as well.
After registration, you will receive TWO emails - one automatically from Action Network; one from Midwest Academy with your invoice and a payment link (that one might take a few business days).
COVID Protocols: (for a complete list, click here)
As we continue to prioritize the health and safety of our staff and participants, we require the following:
- providing proof of full vaccination (required prior to arrival; last eligible shot received at least 14 days prior to the start of the training)
- wearing a mask throughout the training unless actively eating or drinking
Please make sure your mask fits securely and covers your nose and mouth completely. We highly recommend N95 or KN95 masks and will have a limited supply for those who need them.
We will provide sanitizer as well, and will also offer a limited supply of antigen tests.
We will send a one-page liability waiver along with your invoice. We must have a signed copy on file for you to join our training.
If we determine the need to cancel due to health and safety concerns, we will conduct the training virtually instead and give a refund for the cost difference. If you are not able to join virtually, we will provide a full refund or credit for future in-person training.
- We will cap each training at 25 people. Expect to participate in discussions in the full group as well as in breakout rooms.
Because of this, we ask organizations to limit the number of participants in a single training to 3.
- You'll note 3 optional demographics questions at the end of the registration; if you are registering someone else, do NOT complete these questions.
(Why are we asking this? As a nonprofit, we, like many of you, receive grant funding; these funding sources often ask basic demographics questions. We will only share aggregate, anonymous responses with funders, and will NEVER include identifying information.)
- We will use Zoom Meetings for all trainings. You can join by browser, but the App is recommended (we like to annotate and use reactions).
- Shortly before the training, you will receive an email with some more details - including the Zoom link, final agenda, and a brief participant list (first name, org, role, and state for those who consented).
In the event you cannot make this training, please reach out to us as soon as you know. This helps us accurately plan and keeps our waitlist from growing unnecessarily. This policy reflects our belief that it will be increasingly difficult to recruit new participants the closer we get to the start of the training, especially given health concerns and travel costs.
- If you let us know before May 29th, you will receive a full refund or credit for future training.
- If you let us know between May 29th and June 12th, you will receive a 50% refund or credit for future training.
- If you let us know after June 12th, you will not receive a refund or credit for future training.
If you do NOT show up and have given no notice, we cannot provide a refund or credit.
Registration for the session may be transferred to another individual at any point. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions!
If you have ANY questions or concerns, or to be added to our waitlist, please reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org