Supervising Organizers: Essential Skills
Start: Wednesday, July 15, 2020•10:30 AM • Central Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-05:00)
End: Friday, July 17, 2020• 3:00 PM • Central Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-05:00)
As of June 23rd, we have reached capacity! If you are unable to register, please reach out to be part of our waitlist or to be first on the list for the next date - email@example.com.
(We'll offer this training again in the fall! Mark down the weeks of October 19 and November 30 (exact dates TBD.)
Meet this moment with us: sharpen your organizing skills with us in an intimate, interactive online training.
Over the course of three days, you will:
- Connect with other supervisors about how COVID-19 has impacted our work
- Understand how to build effective teams
- Learn to teach organizers to think strategically
- Hone a realistic workplan
- Become prepared to have difficult conversations
NOTE - the following agenda is our 2-day version; we are still making adjustments to the July 3-day agenda, and will post it as soon as possible! It will include an additional session. Click here for a PDF of the agenda (opens in new tab)
3 day training: July 15, 16, & 17
Daily timing: 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM, Central Time -- including 1 hour break for lunch, plus other breaks throughout. Feel free to snack and do your thing - we are all in this together!
OPTIONAL Coffee Hour: July 16 at 9:30 AM, Central Time -- join us for an informal conversation with your fellow organizers and trainers. This is a time that can be a deeper dive into specific topics, or just a chance to connect (since we can't in the halls and over meals!).
We are offering a sliding scale for these online trainings because we want them to be accessible to everyone.
During registration, you will be asked to select your organizational budget. The amount you will be charged is displayed there as well.
After registration, you will receive TWO emails - one automatically from Action Network; one from Midwest Academy with your invoice and a payment link (that one might take a few business days).
- We will cap each training at 24 people. Expect to participate in discussions in the full group as well as in breakout rooms.
- We will use Zoom for all trainings. If you can, we'd love for you to connect by app. There are annotation and interaction features not available through browser (though we will adapt to browser-users as well!).
- Shortly before the training, you will receive an email with some more details, including the Zoom meeting link and password. This will be password-protected.
If you have ANY questions or concerns, please reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org