Virtual Amendment Stakeholder Rally
Start: Friday, January 14, 2022•12:00 PM • Eastern Standard Time (US & Canada) (GMT-05:00)
Host Contact Info: email@example.com
2022 is THE year for the Amendment. It’s an election year and we’ve never had this much support behind the Amendment as we do now. But we need to grow even more to get this amendment passed. We need hundreds of organizations and thousands of petition signatures and letter writers.
On January 14, join us for the virtual Environmental Rights Stakeholder Rally with our House Sponsor Delegate Wanika Fisher and Senator Will Smith, our Senate Sponsor. You will learn why it is so important to change our constitution to protect our human right to a healthful environment. Delegate Fisher, Senator Smith and other key stakeholders will talk about examples of what the amendment can do, how it can respond to environmental health concerns in Maryland, and our game plan for the 2022 legislative session. You will also hear from constituencies in the faith community, the environmental advocacy community, environmental justice communities, students who are mobilizing on college campuses, and more.
- Senator Will Smith, Chair of Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee & Senate Sponsor
- Delegate Wanika Fisher, House Sponsor
- Mayor Noah Waters, Eagle Harbor MD
- Dr. Tracey Garrett, Chair - Anne Arundel County Environmental and Climate Justice Committee
- Staci Hartwell, Co-Chair - Environmental and Climate Justice Committee for the NAACP Maryland State Conference
- Luca Grifo-Hahn, Coordinator of MDEHR Student Campaigns
- Emcee: Rosa Hance, Maryland Chapter of the Sierra Club
RSVP to reserve your virtual seat and learn how you can help advocate for the amendment in 2022. All RSVPs will receive the webinar link the week of the event and a copy of the recording after the event.
Hope to see you virtually on January 14!