Webinar: 75th Anniversary of the Atomic Bombings - Deconstructing the Myths and Promoting a Nuclear Weapons-Free & Just World
Monday, July 13, 2020• 7:00 PM
Monday, July 13, 2020• 8:30 PM
Location:Webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_MJH4SAYkS1CAeDOs6jrNaQ•123 Main St., Toronto, Canada M4N 1K1
Join three extraordinary speakers as we build 75th anniversary commemorations of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki A-bombs to build a nuclear-free and just world.
· Suichi KIDO, the General Secretary of Nihon Hidankyo, the Japan Confederaton of A- & H-Bomb Sufferers Organizations
· Gar Alpervovits, author of the definitive “The Decision to Use the A-bomb”
· Rev. Liz Theoharis, Co-Chair, Poor People’s Campaign, Director fo the Kairos Center for Religions, Rights and Social Justice at Union Theological Semina
As people across the United States and around the work prepare to mark the 75th anniversary of the A-bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki – crimes against humanity that must never be repeated, leading nuclear disarmament and justice organizaitons have organized this webinar. Our goals
· Encourage actions across the United States and beyond in solidarity with the Japan Council against A- & H-Bombs global peace wave
· Counter the anticipated dishonest wave of propaganda that the A-bombings and sacrifices of the People of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were needed to end the Pacific War
· Build movement that understands and opposes the illegitimate uses of state power, from police brutality and institutionalized racism, to foreign military interventions and continued preparations for nuclear annihilation.