Winning pay rises for key workers
Start: Tuesday, February 09, 2021• 6:00 PM • Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London (GMT+00:00)
We go live at 6pm!
LINK TO JOIN THE CALL: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83251345305
During the pandemic key workers never stopped. When the shelves needed stocking - they were there. When hospitals were at breaking point - they were there. When children needed support and care - they were there.
They risk their lives every day. Yet they get paid 8% less than the average. This isn’t okay. Nurses, teachers, care workers, cleaners and ALL key workers deserve a pay rise. And we have a plan to make it happen.
Our plan will only work if you get involved.
They cared for us. Now it’s our turn to care for them.
Joining us on the call:
- Maryam Asaria, teacher and organiser who’ll drive our conversation, share her experience as a key worker and help us plan our campaign.
- Nadia Whittome, MP for Nottingham East. As an ex-carer, Nadia has been vocal about her stance on key worker pay.
- Kevin Courtney, joint General Secretary of the National Education Union. Kevin has years of experience mobilising whole communities around educator pay.
- Paul Nowak, Deputy General Secretary of the TUC has helped lead the TUC’s campaign against the government's plans for regional pay in the public sector.
- Gareth Forest, Campaigns and Policy at the TUC focuses on regional campaigns in Yorkshire and Humber and will co-chair this call.