Women's March - Palmer, AK
Start: January 21, 2017•10:00 AM
Location:Turkey Red•550 S Alaska St, Palmer, AK 99645
Answers to some frequently asked questions:
1. Will there be a local march in Anchorage for those who can't make it to Washington? -- Yes, stay tuned for details! Currently planning and selecting a local team of organizers for Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Juneau.
2. How can I help? -- Fill out the AK volunteer form (link below) and stay patient. We are working on creating volunteer task forces in the next couple days and will reach back out to you as soon as we can.https://goo.gl/forms/ziW1vASs8zs3Gv9w2
3. Are there plans for group transportation and hotel blocks/couch surfing? -- Yes, we will have a transportation and lodging "task force" of volunteers that will be figuring this out in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau and for DC.
4. Are we working with groups like Planned Parenthood and NAACP? - Yes! The national organizers are doing an amazing job of connecting with as many groups as possible. We will also have volunteers reaching out to local AK groups as well. If you have contacts with any groups you think we should work with, include that in the volunteer form.
5. Can we change the date? -- Unfortunately, no. We have already submitted a permit for the march and many have already made travel arrangements.
6. Are we working with local press? -- Currently the national admins are handling all press. If you have a reporter reach out to you, please send me a direct message. Once we have a press packet, we will put together a AK volunteer task force to work with local press.
7. How are we ensuring that this march is safe? -- The national and local groups are working with police and marchers to ensure this protest is PEACEFUL, safe and inclusive for everyone.
8. Do we have a mission statement, website, hashtag or other press materials? -- Stay tuned, the national organizers are working on all of these and will release them soon!
9. Can men get involved? -- YES! We are a 100% inclusive march and welcome all genders, races, ages, religions, sexual orientations and ALL people!!! �
10. Is this an anti-Trump march? -- From one of our amazing national admins, Fontaine Pearson: "This march is not a protest against Trump or the legitimacy of the election, but it is to shed light on women's issues, including sexual assault and workplace discrimination."
11. I am so excited, how can I help RIGHT NOW? -- Share this page and spread the word! And remember, this movement is just a few days old. We are getting our ducks in a row but we will have updates and volunteer groups organized very soon.