Application: Scorecards Volunteering
From the end of January to the end of March we will be marking councils climate action. And we need your help to be able to do this. Last year over 120 people supported us by marking plans and this year we need even more volunteers to help us assess the actual action councils are taking. Can you be one of our 200 volunteers to mark council climate action?
If so, apply using the simple form to the right of this screen. We are now recruiting for our second cohort of volunteers which will start volunteering from late February onwards.
- Group Interview 1: Tuesday 21st February at 5-6pm
- Group Interview 2: Thursday 23rd February at 5-6pm
- Mandatory Scorecards Training: Monday, 27th February at 4:30-7:45pm
- Local Climate Policy Programme: After last year's success we are running the Local Climate Policy Programme again - an in-depth introduction to local climate policy. This 4 week course (20th Feb to 26th March) will involve around 10-15 hours of webinars alongside scoring Councils. The full session schedule will be sent to you when you are accepted onto the programme but sessions will be scheduled in the early evening. It is up to those accepted onto the Programme to attend the sessions, the only mandatory session is the Scoring Training (date above). Previous speakers included experts from the Climate Change Committee, Friends of the Earth and Centre for Alternative Technology. The Policy Programme will require 15 hours of volunteering each week - including webinars - for the 4 week period.
Please Note: The number of spaces for the Local Climate Policy Programme will be limited to 50 people per cohort. This is our final Policy Programme Cohort this year. More information on the Policy Programme can be found here.
- Scorecards Assessor: This type of volunteering is for those will be marking councils climate action but cannot commit to the Policy Programme. You will still assess councils but at your own pace. Ideally, the Assessor position would complete c.20 hours of volunteering over a 4 week period.
We will be accepting as many Scorecard Assessors as possible. More information on the Scorecards Assessor position can be found here.
- *New* FOI programme: Volunteers in the FOI programme will assist us in managing the Freedom of Information requests we are sending to councils to answer some of the Scorecard questions. Volunteers on the FOI programme should expect to volunteer about 8-10 hours per week.
This volunteering will be at your own pace and we will be accepting as many as possible. More information on the FOI programme can be found here.
For all of the 3 volunteer opportunities detailed above you will need to be available for the Mandatory Scorecards Training and 1 of the group interviews:
- Group Interview: Tuesday 21st February/Thursday 23rd February, (5-6pm) - You will only need to attend 1 group interview on either Tuesday or Thursday.
- Scorecards Training: Monday 27th February, 4:30pm-7:45pm - You will not have to attend for the whole time but please keep the whole evening free. You will need to be available from 4:30-5:15 and then invited back for your particular section training session.
Who is this volunteering for?
In order to apply you must be:
- Aged over 18
- Based anywhere in the UK
- Have reliable internet access and access to a computer
- You do not need to have previous environmental related experience or a relevant degree.