Support the #REDforED Demands
Sign the petition to support the demands of Arizona Educators United (AEU):
Arizona schools are a over $1 billion below 2008 funding levels. Teachers’ salaries are 50th in the nation. We have a teacher shortage crisis. Our classrooms go without updated textbooks, basic supplies, and technology. We have among the highest class sizes and school counselor loads in the nation making it difficult to meet the individual needs of our students. Many Education Support Professionals are underpaid. As a result, educators and the community are uniting to demand change through the #RedforEd movement. Arizona Educators United has made the following demands of our Governor and Legislature.
- 20% salary increase for Arizona teachers in order to create competitive pay with neighboring states.
- Competitive pay for all Education Support Professionals.
- Permanent certified salary structure which includes annual raises.
- Restore education funding to 2008 levels.
- No new tax cuts until per-pupil funding reaches the national average.