Join our Digital Superteam
Are you a patient and attentive team-player who is keen to provide online support to groups taking action in their communities? Are you passionate about saving the planet and want to put your expert skills toward a good cause?
Join the country’s most trusted environmental organization and become a force for good!
About the Future Ground Network
Future Ground Network supports local groups who are organizing to secure healthier lived environments and more sustainable communities. The most effective change begins locally, alongside others in our community with whom we share common values.
Joining the network allows community organizers to share best practices with one another, find inspiration, and work together to achieve common goals. The network provides a wealth of tools, resources, and wisdom to amplify the work of local groups and help communities build a better future from the ground up.
Future Ground Network is powered by the David Suzuki Foundation. You can learn more about us at www.davidsuzuki.org
Volunteer Role Description
Position Title: Digital Superteam
Term: 6 months, 1-2 hrs per week
Location: Your home office
Reporting to: The Future Ground Network Coordinator
About the role:
Future Ground Network’s Digital Superteam delivers digital tools training and responds to requests for tech support from local grassroots groups to help them in their community organizing work.
The Digital Superteam will receive training on how use Slack, Zoom and Action Network and will provide support to groups navigating all three platforms.
We recruit Superteam members approximately every six months. If you are not recruited to join the team this round, please be patient and be sure to apply again as we can only accommodate so many volunteers at one time.
- Facilitate online tutorials to introduce grassroots groups to the digital tools available to them as members of Future Ground Network.
- Respond to queries via Slack to the best of your ability and use Zoom call with share screen when necessary.
- Host online support hours (1-2 hours per month) to address drop-in requests.
- Knowledge and experience with Slack, Zoom and Action Network a strong asset
- Willingness to interact and support people through diverse paces of learning
- Experience in customer service is an asset