Join our Grant Writing Superteam
Are you a talented grant writer who has the ability and capacity to support groups taking local action in their communities? Are you passionate about saving the planet and want to put your expert skills toward a good cause?
Join the country’s most trusted environmental organization and become a force for good!
About the Future Ground Network
Future Ground Network supports local groups who are organizing to secure healthier lived environments and more sustainable communities. The most effective change begins locally, alongside others in our community with whom we share common values.
Joining the network allows community organizers to share best practices with one another, find inspiration and work together to achieve common goals. The network provides a wealth of tools, resources, and wisdom to amplify the work of local groups and help communities build a better future from the ground up.
Future Ground Network is powered by the David Suzuki Foundation. You can learn more about us at www.davidsuzuki.org
Volunteer Role Description
Position Title: Grant Writing Advisor
Terms: 6 months, 4-8hrs per month
Location: Your home office
Reporting to: The Future Ground Network Coordinator
About the role:
We are currently looking for someone with strong grant-writing experience to join our Future Ground Network Superteam.
In this role, you’ll work independently to support grassroots groups taking action in their communities that need support with grant writing to secure funding for their initiatives. You have excellent organizational and time management skills, are able to teach basic concepts of grant-writing and are able to work independently.
We recruit Superteam members approximately every six months. If you are not recruited to join the team this round, please be patient and be sure to apply again as we can only accommodate so many volunteers at one time.
- Respond to inquiries from local grassroots groups via Slack.
- Provide guidance on current grant writing standards.
- Ensure complete and accurate development of proposals as required.
- Record grant assistance requests and outcomes.
- Support webinars as needed for the Network participants to provide tips on grant-writing.
- Help develop a basic grant-writing toolkit/resource guide to be hosted on the Future Ground Network site
- 2+ years’ grant-writing experience.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with grant-writing standards and practices.