Pledge to Vote YES for MaryPIRG!
We need your help! Every two years we ask the students at UMD to reaffirm their support for the change we're making. Pledge to vote YES for MaryPIRG in the SGA elections on April 17-20 so that we can stay funded and continue working for you on issues like protecting the environment, getting big money out of politics, making college affordable, and alleviating hunger & homelessness.
Fill this out to show your support and so we can remind you to vote in the elections (scroll to the bottom on mobile).
We've been making change at UMD since 1973. Here are just some of our more recent accomplishments:
- Secured $5 million from Congress for an Open Textbook Pilot Program that will save students an estimated $50 million in textbook costs.
- Amplified student voices by helping over 3,500 Terps register to vote and making over 7,000 vote reminders for the 2016 elections.
- Persuaded Subway, McDonald's, and KFC stop selling meat raised with the routine use of antibiotics in order to protect life-saving medicine.
- Convinced decision makers in Annapolis to ban fracking in Maryland.
- Defended your voice in our democracy by helping to enact small donor matching programs in Montgomery and Howard Counties.
- Helped to prevent a proposed $2.6 billion cut to Pell Grant funding, protecting the ability of thousands of MD students to afford a college education.
- Raised over $1,000 for those impacted by Hurricane Maria, alongside UMD Students for Puerto Rico.