Sign-up to Extinction Rebellion Vancouver
...is part of an international effort that started in the UK in the fall of 2018 and is now active across Canada and in more than 70 countries worldwide.
- Our governments are failing to protect us. Current policies are stealing our children's future. To safeguard human survival, we must put an end to the use of fossil fuels and transition to net zero carbon emissions as quickly as possible.
- Peaceful, non-violent direct action and civil disobedience are effective ways to force governments to change their policies: think of Martin Luther King Jr., Gandhi, and the Suffragettes.
NON-VIOLENT REBELLION AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT of canada FOR CRIMINAL INACTION ON THE ECOLOGICAL CRISIS
WE DEMAND That:
- The government responds to the climate and ecological crisis with a just transformation that is actively decolonial, prioritizing the livelihoods of workers and the rights of those most oppressed by the present system, including our non-human relations.
- Government, the media, and educational institutions work together to tell the truth about the severity of the climate emergency and the need for swift and robust action
- Government act now to achieve net-zero carbon emissions and begin reversing biodiversity loss by 2025
- Government create and be led by a national Citizens' Assembly, which will deliberate and decide upon policies aimed at achieving climate and ecological justice in Canada
Sign up to join our mailing list and keep up to date on events and actions in Vancouver.
Everyone has something valuable to contribute - XR Vancouver needs you!
N.B. gmail users should check their promotions folder for e-mail from us.