Join our Welcome Superteam
Are you an outgoing team-player keen to provide online support to groups taking action in their communities? Are you passionate about saving the planet and want to put your expert skills toward a good cause?
Join the country’s most trusted environmental organization and become a force for good!
About the Future Ground Network
Future Ground Network supports local groups who are organizing to secure healthier lived environments and more sustainable communities. The most effective change begins locally, alongside others in our community with whom we share common values.
Joining the network allows community organizers to share best practices with one another, find inspiration and work together to achieve common goals. The network provides a wealth of tools, resources, and wisdom to amplify the work of local groups and help communities build a better future from the ground up.
Future Ground Network is powered by the David Suzuki Foundation. You can learn more about us at www.davidsuzuki.org
Volunteer Role Description
Position Title: Welcome Superteam
Term: 6 months, 3-5hrs per month
Location: Your home office
Reporting to: The Future Ground Network Coordinator
About the role:
Future Ground Network’s Welcome Superteam greets new members and helps introduce them to the tools and resources that will best support their community organizing work.
The Welcome Superteam also plays a crucial role in checking in with members to make sure they’re benefitting from the resources available and that they feel connected to the supports they need.
We recruit Superteam members approximately every six months. If you are not recruited to join the team this round, please be patient and be sure to apply again as we can only accommodate so many volunteers at one time.
- Host up to one evening welcome call per month (virtually, from your own home);
- Welcome new members to our Slack workspace and help orient them to the network; and
- Respond to queries via Slack, match members with the resources best suited to their needs, and offer general support to help them get on the right track with their local campaigns.
- Knowledge and experience with Slack and Zoom is a strong asset
- Willingness to interact and support people through diverse paces of learning
- Willingness to learn about and navigate new digital platforms
- Experience in customer service is an asset