Tell your lawmaker: Pass the THRIVE Act
Call your lawmakers and tell them: Pass the THRIVE Act.
If passed, the THRIVE Act will invest a minimum of $1 trillion per year over ten years to create 15 million jobs and achieve full employment. It would create:
- More than 2 million jobs in the education and care economy, including teachers and workers in healthcare, child care, elder care and public health.
- More than 5 million jobs to upgrade our infrastructure for clean water, affordable public transportation and a reliable electric grid.
- More than 4 million jobs to manufacture and expand access to wind and solar power, electric vehicles, and clean and healthy buildings.
- Nearly 4 million jobs to protect our wetlands and forests and invest in family farmers who are embracing regenerative agriculture.
THRIVE will build the power of workers to fight inequality by:
- Expanding all workers’ rights to form and join unions and negotiate with their employers through adoption of the Protecting the Right to Organize Act and the Public Service Freedom to Negotiate Act.
- Ensuring high-road labor standards for all jobs created by THRIVE investments by guaranteeing family-sustaining wages and benefits, expanding union apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship programs, requiring Project Labor Agreements, strengthening Buy American standards and more.
- Protecting wages and benefits for any workers or communities adversely affected by the economic transition to renewable energy.
- Preventing privatization of any public sector jobs and public resources.