Green New Deal Virginia
Our Green New Deal Virginia Coalition proposes to create thousands of good jobs while addressing the climate emergency and restoring Virginia’s environment. Our collective efforts will redress two of the biggest crises we face: climate change and inequity.
As part of a just transition, we are committed to putting justice at the forefront of our efforts. The following outlines the objectives for a Green New Deal Virginia:
- A just and equitable ?% renewables plan that leaves no workers or communities behind.
- Clean air, water and land for all Virginians.
- Large investments and job-training programs in renewables, building an energy efficient smart-grid, residential and commercial energy efficiency, & more.
- Investments in local-scale agriculture in communities across Virginia.
- Prioritize equitable, affordable & clean transportation systems.