Mothers Out Front - Virginia
MOBILIZING FOR A LIVABLE CLIMATE
Mothers Out Front is a grassroots member-led organization that builds power from our members to ensure a livable climate for all children.
There’s no such thing as a typical Mothers Out Front leader. We’re unified by the drive to protect all children from the climate crisis that impacts their health today and a livable climate for them tomorrow.
Mothers Out Front is founded on the conviction that there is no more powerful force for change than women mobilizing to protect their children. We know that when we come together for climate, racial, and social justice to tell our stories and share our dreams for our children, we cannot fail.
Mothers Out Front Virginia began in Hampton Roads Virginia to support communities in a region that is ground zero for sea-level rise and many of the worst impacts of the climate crisis. Since then, we have grown to include 10 community teams in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Richmond, Charlottesville, Prince Williams County, Fairfax, Roanoke and the New River Valley as well as emerging teams in Southern Virginia (Chatham/Danville).
Realizing and Building Power
- Together, we are a powerful force to move leaders to ensure a healthy environment for all children.
- Our member leadership shares decision making. The process and outcomes are made transparent to all.
Building an Inclusive Community
- In all we do, we keep our mission of a livable climate for all children at the center of our work.
- We lift voices of those who care for and nurture children so that we are heeded by those in power.
- We focus resources on communities suffering injustice from racism, fossil fuels and climate change.
Preserving with hope and urgency
- We act with urgency because climate change is a critical and encompassing challenge of our time.
- We maintain hope by working together on solid solutions toward a livable climate for all children.
- We do not give up.