STOP PLASTIC POLLUTION: BAN SINGLE USE PLASTICS (AB 1080 AND SB 54)
Help us pass AB 1080 and SB 54 to ensure California bans single use plastic. This is a priority climate bill as the California Legislature comes to an end September 12.
- Banning single use plastics is a critical step to a zero-emissions, zero-waste economy.
- Plastics are made from fossil fuel, especially cheap by-products of fracking.
- Asia no longer accepts cheap plastics for recycling so plastic recycling is not an option.
- Plastics are filling up our landfills and creating methane.
- Plastics are killing ocean life.
Join In: We need YOU to help push this critical bill over the finish line!
Join hundreds of environmental justice communities, elected leaders, health associations, and student and youth groups from across California to urge our Senators and Assembly members to pass AB 1080 and SB 54.
Take Action Now!
Every Assembly member needs to hear from us before they vote in the next week.
Send this letter to your Assembly member and Senator.
Provide your Name and Address. Hit submit, and the letter is on its way to your Assembly member and Senator.
Thanks for helping California lead the nation to ban single use plastic!
Together we can protect people and the planet.