Tell Walker Stapleton NO!
Treasurer Walker Stapleton is running for Governor of Colorado on an agenda of dismantling PERA. He released a plan for changes he think should be made to PERA this legislative session. See what he is proposing and then tell him what you think about it and how his plan would drastically impact you.
- No COLA for 20+ years
- 5% contribution increase for active employees (this is approx. what would be required based off his plan below)
- No additional employers dollars into PERA
- Retirement age will be increased to match social security, 67 years old
- Increase the highest average salary from 3 years to 10 years.
- The 30 year expected rate of return should be lowered from 7.25% to 5%.