Tell Your Legislators: Partner with Governor-Elect Evers
Educators are looking forward to partnering with Governor-Elect Tony Evers, but Republicans in the State Legislature are looking to limit his ability to govern by calling a special session to tilt the scales in their favor before he takes office.
Send a letter now to your elected officials now!
Tell them to allow the Governor-Elect the same ability to govern that Governor Walker had!
Not all of the bills have been introduced, but these proposals are on the fast-track. Here's some of what's on the table:
- Barriers on healthcare access by putting work requirements for Badgercare into state law;
- Changing early voting laws to limit in-person absentee voting;
- Moving Wisconsin's presidential primary to benefit the Republican Supreme Court Justice candidate;
- Limiting the power of the governor around administrative rules;
- Stripping the governor of power to appoint the head of the Economic Development Corp.; and
- Reducing individual income tax rates.
Don't wait! Take action now!