Urge your state legislators to co-sponsor workers' rights bills in Nebraska
Workers deserve more rights
We live in a culture where corporations simply have too much power. Currently, they can:
- Ask us to sign away our rights
- Push us out of our jobs for any reason or no reason
- Work while grieving a loved one
- Check our credit in the hiring process
- Fail to conduct investigations for reports of sexual harassment
- Discriminate against those suffering from domestic violence
- Retaliate against injured workers
- Make it difficult for us to leave toxic workplaces when our healthcare is tied to our jobs
- Silence us when we've been abused
- Pay some workers below minimum wage
- Not grant sufficient sick leave amid COVID-19
- Conduct abusive scheduling practices
- Avoid accountability for discrimination through wages and promotions
- Steal wages
- Block public employees from striking
- Ask about our desired salary ranges, which has a discriminatory impact
- Verbally abuse and sabotage workers with zero accountability
We can change this toxic culture for workers through by passing these bills into law:
This bill will increase the minimum wage to $15 in 2027 with incremental increases thereafter.
Paid family and medical leave (Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Act), LB290
This bill will create a fund for family and medical leave insurance.
Paid sick leave (Healthy and Safe Families and Workplaces Act), LB258
This bill will give employees accrued paid sick time.
Pay disclosure, LB249
This bill will prohibit employers from asking about wage rate history.
Subminimum wage, LB122
This bill will increase the subminimum wage to $9 per hour.