Urgent Action: Email the Board of Education for a Safe School Reopening

Despite the Governor’s rhetoric, TAAAC members will continue to press for equitable safe schools: Lives could depend on it. Both vaccines and clear safety metrics from our County’s Chief Medical  Officer--- following the science -- is what we will insist upon.

·        Teachers are in group 1B to be eligible for vaccines. The projected timeline for the first dose availability is late January/early February, with the second dose about 3 weeks later, if the process stays consistent with current State, County and National plans.

·        

·        Our case rate remains astronomically higher than the recommended reopening rate presented in the Fall.

Shouldn’t we wait until the infection rates drops below 15 per 100k before we again adjust student and family schedules to likely only need to do so again if educator infection rates rise as has happened Nationally?

Everyone must continue to do their part for us to be heard, to give ourselves the best chance to enter safe buildings.

Right now, we are asking members to call and email the BoE and tell them to:

·        Follow the science

·        Respect educators’ health

·        Slow the rush into buildings until the written safety guide is complete, signed and the infection rate falls below 15 per 100k (as per the current recommendations)

And reject the Governor’s bullying

Insist and Both dosages

Let’s keep the pressure on: We know we can count on you! Please commit to supporting all of us, by emailing the BoE.