Justice for Frankford Tenants
Guy Malul and Dorit Cohen
We, the tenants of MCM Management Solutions properties, are hardworking seniors, individuals and families who want an affordable and healthy place to raise our children and to simply feel safe. We have seen rents get higher while poor building conditions remain the same or worse. Now we are in a health crisis & we can no longer wait for MCM to do the right thing. Join Renters United Philadelphia MCM Tenants in calling on MCM to agree to the following immediate & long-term demands:
During the health crisis and recovery
- Cancel rent! Suspend rent for working families and tenants living in MCM Management Solutions properties
- Eliminate late fees
- Halt ALL rent increases (some have been as much as $90)
- Provide a clear plan for how MCM will accommodate tenants
- Secure and repair our buildings to keep our kids and families safe!
- Perform quarterly pest extermination
- Immediately meet with MCM Tenants to hear their concerns!
Read the full list of demands below.
Guy Malul and Dorit Cohen
From: [Your Name]
In light of the current health crisis, we ask you to commit to the following:
1. NO LATE FEES OR RENT INCREASES UNTIL THE END OF THE COVID-19 STAY AT HOME ORDER, AND FOR A 3 MONTH GRACE PERIOD ONCE THE ORDER IS LIFTED.
2. PUBLISH A CLEAR PLAN SENT VIA EMAIL AND U.S. MAIL TO TENANTS DESCRIBING HOW YOU WILL ACCOMMODATE TENANTS WHO FALL BEHIND ON RENT. DISPLAY THE PLAN PROMINENTLY IN MCM BUILDINGS.
3. SECURE THE BUILDINGS IMMEDIATELY TO PREVENT CRIME AND SPREAD OF INFECTION.
4. CANCEL RENT UNTIL THE END OF THE COVID-19 STAY AT HOME ORDER.
As previously explained, even in normal times, our quality of life in your buildings is not acceptable. While we appreciate the cosmetic changes to the building, we still need you to address the following demands:
1. PROVIDE TENANTS WITH 60-DAYS NOTICE OF ANY RENT INCREASE.
MCM fails to comply with legal requirements when raising rents. We have a legal right to 60 days’ notice prior to the effective date of a rent increase for a tenancy of one year or more.
2. APPLY A UNIVERSAL FLAT $30 LATE FEE WHEN A TENANT IS LATE ON RENT. The current 10% late fee is not manageable for many tenants. Depending upon the amount of rent, a tenant could be assessed a $100 late fee. That’s way too much and feels punitive.
3. SECURE ENTRANCE DOORS AT CARVER HALL AND AT 4924 SAUL STREET.
We request a secure quick scan type system (key fob) on all exterior doors (including side doors). It is your responsibility as the owner to maintain safe conditions in your buildings.
4. PERFORM QUARTERLY EXTERMINATIONS THROUGHOUT ALL UNITS FOR ROACHES AND MICE.
You are responsible for extermination prior to renting or leasing, and are always responsible for extermination in public or shared areas like shared walls and floors.
5. MEET WITH US.
We request that you give us a date and time on a weekday evening or weekend at which you will meet with us and discuss these demands. This can happen by Zoom because of the virus.
We look forward to your response so we can work together to create solutions to these pressing issues.