Call Senate to #StopSessions
Hearings on Trump's appointment of Jeff Sessions to be Attorney General started yesterday.
Senate Democrats need to fight back and block the appointment of this authoritarian, corporatist, racist, and sexist to run our law enforcement apparatus.
Enter your number to the right to call key senators to tell them to block Jeff Sessions for Attorney General.
Why do we need to block Sessions?
He has a longstanding voting record in opposition to important civil liberties and civil rights legislation. And beyond that, Sessions:
- said the KKK was “okay, until [he] found out they smoked pot”
- has suggested freedom of religion might not apply to immigrants, and it might be time to consider Trump’s call for a ban on Muslims
- is so anti-immigrant he has even challenged birthright citizenship
- has called the NAACP and the ACLU “un-American”
- once called a white civil rights attorney a “disgrace to his race,” and repeatedly called a Black lawyer “boy"
- characterized the Voting Rights Act as "a piece of intrusive legislation” and has refused to support legislation to restore it after it was gutted by the Supreme Court
- stood up for the banking industry when the banks were melting down in 2008
- pressured Attorney General Janet Reno not to pursue anti-trust charges against Microsoft in the 1990s
- and defended Donald Trump’s recorded bragging about grabbing women by their genitals by saying, “I don't characterize that as sexual assault."
From: [Your Name]