Become a grassroots co-sponsor of the Social Security COVID-19 Correction and Equity Act today!
The economic collapse caused by the pandemic has unearthed a COVID-19 glitch that, if gone uncorrected, would cause cuts in the Social Security benefits of millions of Americans.
Now, Representative John Larson (D-CT)―Chairman of the Ways and Means Social Security Subcommittee―has introduced a solution! The Social Security COVID-19 Correction and Equity Act would:
- Prevent a cut in benefits for those born in 1960 or later
- Ensure the Average Wage Index (AWI) never drops below the previous year’s
- Increase benefits across the board by 2%
- Increase the special minimum benefit by 125%, lifting more people out of poverty
- Expand benefits for grandparents providing for dependent grandchildren, dependent students so they can better afford their education, dependent widows or widowers and SSI recipients―the poorest Social Security beneficiaries
Become a grassroots co-sponsor of the Social Security COVID-19 Correction and Equity Act today to correct this technical glitch and protect and expand our earned benefits in the midst of the pandemic!
From: [Your Name]
Protect 4 million Americans from having their Social Security benefits cut due to COVID-19. Pass the Social Security COVID-19 Correction and Equity Act today!